Climbing Wall Construction
What to Expect When Working with Eldorado
On this page we’ve broken down the climbing wall construction process into key phases so you know exactly what to expect when working with Eldorado, from conception to reality.
A brief outline of the process:
- Stage One: The Proposal
- Signing the Contract
- Stage Two: Formal Design
- Formal design review and approval
- Stage Three: Climbing Wall Construction
- Stage Four: What to Expect Post Construction
- Available services for your completed wall
- Before you even sign a contract, you’ll go through basic consulting: You’ll speak with our sales department about your vision for your wall, your needs, your space, your budget, etc. In turn, the sales team will turn this vision into a proposal that will include design ideas, wall product suggestions, and the proposed price and timeline.
- A formal contract will be sent outlining the agreement. This contract will include the agreed upon proposal. This contract is in place to manage expectations on both sides right from the start of our partnership. Once both parties sign the contract, the construction process may begin.
- It’s important to know that at Eldorado, our climbing wall design considerations include far more than aesthetics; we strive to create a functional space for you that directs traffic flow, encourages membership growth and retention, and maximizes available climbing terrain while providing variation in climbing styles, features and difficulty. We’re experts on climbing wall construction ROI, and we embed that knowledge into every part of our design and construction process.
- You can expect only a truly customized and unique design from our team. Our systems are custom-tailored to your facility, user groups, and programming objectives. We work closely to understand your needs and to deliver the best products and designs to exceed your expectations.
- One of the key components to a good project is excellent communication through the design process. Our in depth process is based on your desired features and programming and membership needs combined with our practical experience. It is through this collaborative process that the proper diversity of terrain is achieved. Diverse terrain ensures the long-term success of your climbing memberships, programs and more importantly your community.
- Your Eldorado Design team then takes your approved climbing wall design through to shop drawings, engineering, and prefabrication all the while Eldo Wall’s Project Management team is working with you on a project construction schedule.
- After approving the install schedule and the installation mobilization date, our team mobilizes to begin building. For new build projects, we typically arrive on site once the building is dried in and heated, just prior to installation of finishes.
- Phases of construction vary depending on projects, but most follow a similar process where our BombProof framing system is erected, then the surface layer or “substrate” is applied, followed by texture or seaming depending on the wall system. Finally, the paint details are applied to bring this world class rock wall to life.
- Timelines for project completion will vary depending on each project’s scope of work, complexity of design, and products selected. Many simple projects take a matter of a few weeks, while more complex ones may take several months.
- Once construction is complete, you’ll be left with a beautiful new climbing wall! This wall will be bare and ready for you to set it with nice, new handholds. For an additional cost we will set your initial routes after construction, but we encourage you, the wall operator, to continually set routes every few months for membership retention. To learn more about why it’s important to change your routes and how often to change them, you can read more here.
- Before we demobilize, we will provide a brief training on the maintenance and overall operation of your wall. After that, Eldorado will also always be available to provide continual support. We offer many climbing wall services after your wall is built, including climbing wall inspections and refurbishment. Also, when possible, we make sure that the original design of your climbing wall could easily accommodate future plans of expansion; when you’re ready for this phase in your rock climbing gym business plan, we’ll be there to help you and celebrate your success.
We don’t just sell you the wall; we provide turnkey solutions to help you through every step of the process.
For more information, contact our sales team at 303-447-0512 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.