Benefits of Owning a TRUBLUE
Using an auto belay in your facility reduces wall operating costs, attracts more climbers and makes climbing even more fun.
- Smooth descent: The self-regulating braking system has minimal variation in the descent rate of a child (at 22 lb/10 kg min.) and an adult (at 330 lb/150 kg max).
- Reliability with no sacrificial wear parts: Non-contacting magnetic technology with a reliable self-regulating backup system.
- Meets international safety standards: TRUBLUE is designed for climbers and engineered for safety. We engineered TRUBLUE to meet international safety standards for fall arrest devices.
- Extensive safety testing: For over four years, the TRUBLUE auto belay has undergone extensive safety testing by an ISO 17025 accredited company specializing in product testing.
- No clutch bearing: The TRUBLUE has been engineered to eliminate the need for one-way clutch bearings. This eliminates a key potential point of failure that is present in other auto belay designs, as well as the need to maintain and replace these mechanisms.
- Gentle whirring noise: Our auto belay makes a gentle whirring noise as the climber descends, alerting those below of a descending climber.
- Simple to install and easy to relocate: Compact modular unit designed to be hung from a top anchor. Just one step and no cost. Units can be moved to accommodate classes, birthday parties and other group activities, reducing staffing costs.
- Maximum descent height of 41 feet (12.5 m): Provides the longest range of all modular systems.
- Accommodates a wide range of climber weights: The TRUBLUE allows for a weight range of 22 – 330 lbs (10 to 150 kg), making it the ideal auto belay system for facilities with a wide audience of children and adults.
Minimal Maintenance Requirements and Costs
- Webbing based system: Will not damage walls like cable-based systems can. Plus, webbing is preferred by climbers over cable for its more natural feel.
- Reduced webbing wear: Unique field-replaceable webbing delivery nozzle significantly reduces webbing wear.
- Minimal Maintenance: Webbing replacement for the TRUBLUE is significantly less expensive than cable replacement for other types of auto belays.
- Low cost of ownership: An annual re-certification inspection is required with a low cost of $199. The TRUBLUE has no limit on the number of cycles before annual re-certification. Because they are modular, TRUBLUE units can be sent to our servicing center should they need repair, saving you money on costly site visits for stationary/fixed auto belays.
- Two year warranty