Working Construction Foreman
Eldorado Climbing Walls creates the finest rock climbing walls in the industry. As one of the oldest climbing wall manufacturers in the country, our experience and expertise are second to none. We work with you to create a wall that is visually stunning, offers exceptional climbing and complements the architecture and traffic flow of your facility. We offer turnkey climbing wall systems to meet any need. From the simple design of our SOLIDRock traverse panels to a completely custom REALRock system, our blue sky design will make your vision a reality. We manufacture and install a variety of climbing walls using a wide range of manufacturing and construction techniques. www.eldowalls.com
The Construction Foreman (Job Leader) is the leader and manager of a crew responsible for the complete installation of climbing walls all over the country. Construction Foremen will be hands-on with the steel erection/welding, carpentry and shotcrete processes utilized in climbing wall construction and must be able to teach these things to new crew members. Crew size can range from 3 to 10, and project duration can range from 1 week to several months. Construction Foremen will spend the majority of the year traveling with time off between projects. Transportation, lodging and per diem are provided. Job Leaders will spend the majority of the year traveling with time off between projects. Transportation, lodging and per diem are provided while on the job site.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Master the specialty skills and processes used and be able to train others
- Welding using the SMAW (stick welding) process
- Wood sheathing
- Trowel plastering skills
- Shotcrete application and rock carving
- Artistic air-sprayed painting and shadowing
- Various hardware and general construction skills
- Project Planning
- Review plans, design and key contract terms with Project Manager
- Create job packing list with Shop Manager and Project Manager to ensure all necessary materials and tools are delivered to the job site
- Project Installation
- Coordinate and manage schedule with Project Manager to meet budget and timeline. Maintain regular communication with Project Manager on project status.
- Allocate onsite resources to meet schedule and budget
- Team Management
- Direct all crew activities, providing onsite training as needed
- Ensure the safety of workers and equipment
- Assist in the evaluation and discipline of crew members
- Motivate and develop construction team members
- Communicate issues to Project Manager and work together on solutions
- Client and Jobsite Relations
- Act as the primary point of client contact while onsite. Manage client expectations and requests, communicating regular with the Project Manager
- Manage the crew’s interaction with other trades
- Process Improvement
- Provide recommendations to improve installation process, saving money and time
- Participate in project debriefs with Project Management. Share knowledge gained from each project to be applied to future installations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5 years of professional hands-on construction skills including ownership of basic toolbelt-type personal tools. Trade certifications preferred.
- Steel erection/welding experience and/or shotcrete experience are strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience managing a construction crew
- Commercial job site experience and knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred
- Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively and quickly communicate with Project Management, crew and client.
- An eye for craftsmanship. Ability to put visual elements in words and provide feedback to craftsmen.
- Excellent organizational skills and organizational responsibility. Ability to create lists, schedules, organization of receipts and payroll hours. Ability to do these things quickly and efficiently.
- Ability and desire to lead a traveling and working lifestyle
- Valid Driver’s license